About Positive Consultancy
Positive Consultancy Ltd was founded by Bonnie and Richard Roberts in 2014.
Our purpose is to bring the positive energy and power of coaching together with our operational business experience to deliver coaching that engages with our clients in ways which are exciting, purposeful, and grounded.
We are constantly amazed by the capacity of our clients to make real changes not only in their own leadership style, but also in the impact that these changes can have on the organisation’s bottom line and in the context of their own personal development.
We have developed a reputation for excellence in the fields of leadership, business strategy, change management, executive coaching (face-to-face, remote, groups and teams) facilitation, personal impact, presence, workplace mindfulness, mindfulness for individuals and one to one mindfulness coaching. We have supported a wide range of people and organisations and their leaders, from the UK and across the World, in achieving their vision and goals and in fulfilling their fullest potential whether at work or home.
International Executive Coach
CEO Positive Consultancy Ltd
Richard is a highly experienced International Executive Coach. He works with Senior Leaders (from CEO’s to CFO’s, HR Director’s, CIO’s, Sales and Marketing Directors and High Potentials) and their teams, in some of the world’s foremost companies. He works across a broad spectrum of businesses including international media, telecoms, software, technology chemical engineering, banking, retail, construction, pharmaceutical, health, government, not-for-profit, the public sector, helping them to deliver sustainable, business success.
Richard’s International Leadership skills were developed during a highly reputable career in senior director positions in the Software, Technology, and Telecommunications industries. He was Managing Director of two of BT’s businesses in Europe. He led those businesses through periods of rapid change including a successful IPO, the successful acquisition of the majority holding from BT’s joint venture partners in Italy and a subsequent merger with another telecom’s business. Throughout his career he has successfully executed large scale change management programs across multiple geographies, specialized in leadership and organisation development both as a consultant and as a Business Leader.
Richard now combines this commercial operational experience at Director level with a deep knowledge of executive coaching in service of his clients.
Areas of Expertise:
Richard’s strengths are in bringing together decades of hands-on experience, his depth of theoretical knowledge, his communication skills, his creativity and imagination mixed with a very strong practical approach, empathy and humour, which enable all his clients to go far beyond what they think is possible.
His coaching style is both thoughtful and thought provoking. He is able to be authoritative, challenging and empowering. He aims to enable leaders to see themselves and their business situations from different perspectives. Richard encourages leaders to be the best they can be delivering higher levels of performance and effectiveness.
• Coaching Senior, Individual Leaders both face-to-face and remotely
• Coaching and facilitating Leadership teams
• Facilitating the development of Business Strategy with Senior Leadership teams
• Key themes: Leadership, Performance, Strategy Development and Execution, and Change Management
• Managing Director of two of BT’s businesses in Europe
• Operational and Senior MD level experience in UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and USA
• Diploma Humanistic Psychology, Surrey University
• Diploma in Executive Coaching from the Association of Executive Coaches
• Member of the International Coaching Federation
• Organisational Development Consultant Training (PWC)
• Undertakes regular coaching supervision
• BA (Hons) Modern History, Durham University
Experience, Guidance, Authenticity & Success
Bonnie Dawn Roberts
Personal Impact Coach & Mindfulness Coach
Director Positive Consultancy Ltd
‘Work smarter not harder’ is a key value in Bonnie’s approach to Mindfulness and Personal Impact Skills training. All Bonnie’s sessions, (whether Mindfulness or Personal Impact), act as a strategy to improve performance and productivity in the workplace and at leisure. She has an impressive array of techniques to help clients decrease stress and anxiety levels, enhance mental focus, boost clarity and attention skills, and significantly improve overall effectiveness. Whether working with a board of directors, alongside a busy team or running her Public Courses, Bonnie is known to create real value for her clients. She is always gratified to see this positive personal change and growth delivering measurable and demonstrable results.
Bonnie comes previously from a successful career as a Comedy Operatic Soloist and a PR and Marketing Consultant and she is able to bring this combination of expertise; performance and business, to bear in her interactions with all her clients. She is extremely approachable as a personality and possesses a great sense of humour which she always brings in large dollops to her sessions and this is perhaps, her most unique selling point in terms of the way she builds trust and rapport with her many clients.
She is Positive Consultancy’s lead Communication Skills trainer and has had extensive experience of working with groups and individuals of all ages in Corporates, SME’s and in the Education Sector. Bonnie is a qualified and accredited Mindfulness teacher not only on an official register with The British School of Meditation and fully accredited by APT Awards and regulated by OFQUAL but she has also qualified with Mindfulness UK in the Gold Standard, Internationally Renowned MBSR Programme (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). Bonnie has 30 years of experience of Meditation behind her. She undertakes regular Supervision sessions and CPD meeting the Good Practice Guidelines laid down by the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers.
Areas of Expertise:
• Leadership Development through Personal Impact and Presence
• Key-note Speech/Conference Speaking Preparation and Rehearsal
• Public Speaking
• Voice Workshops
• Mindfulness Coaching (combined with above where appropriate)
• Resilience and Stress Management in the Workplace for groups and individuals
• Graduate, Mindfulness UK (MBSR – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
• Graduate, British School of Meditation
• Graduate .B Mindfulness in Schools Project
• Undertakes regular coaching supervision and CPD
• Post Graduate Diploma in Business Studies, London Metropolitan University
• GRNCM, Graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music
• Consultant PR and Marketing
• Comedy Operatic Soloist